Let's Talk Coffee® Rwanda 2019 Program
The program will explore the event’s theme Family Farming as a Business.
Let’s Talk Coffee® Rwanda 2019 features the following schedule:
- June 17: Opening ceremonies in the evening featuring a welcome cocktail and barista and aeropress competitions
- June 18: First full day of the event program featuring keynote presentations, panels, coffee breaks, and cuppings
- June 19: Second full day of the event program featuring keynote presentations, panels, coffee breaks, and cuppings, as well as an evening BBQ dinner
- June 20: Departure to field trips. Attendees have several field trip options to choose from:
- Field Trip 1: Day trip to the Mayogi women’s cooperative, 2nd place winner of the 2018 Rwanda Cup of Excellence
- Field trip 2: Day trip to a Fair Trade certified cooperative (Mayogi and Nyampinga do not have certifications)
- Field Trip 3: Overnight trip to Nyampinga women’s cooperative. This trip will return to Kigali on June 21.
For details about when you should arrive and depart Rwanda in order to attend all the event’s activities, please see our Venue and Travel page.
With Family Farming as a Business as the event’s theme, presentations at Let’s Talk Coffee® Rwanda 2019 will explore a variety of topics, including gender equity, income diversification, and climate change. While speakers and additional presentations will be announced soon, the event will include the following sessions:
- Coffee Farming and Diversification: The Real-world Farmer Experience
- Climate Change and Technology in Coffee Farming
- Engaging Women and Youth in the Coffee Business
- Domestic Consumption and Health
- Access to Finance
- Elevating Social Impact and Business Success through Data Information